Stress Symptoms, Stress Management, Managing Stress and How to Improve Your Life Quality
Modern life is full of, deadlines, hassles frustrations, and demands. This is one of the viable reasons why stress has turned out to be a part and parcel of our lives. Stress cannot be considered bad always. In small dosages, it can help you in performing well under pressure. To be more specific, it helps you stay motivated. However, when you are running in emergency mode on a consistent basis, your body and mind have to often pay the price.
We all are affected by stress at some or the other point of our lives. Once you identify the symptoms you can easily manage them. Another thing that we often ignore is that these symptoms are often considered to be indicators of other things. Hence, if you are in doubt of such, make sure to consult your doctor at the earliest.
What is intended out here is that if you often find yourself feeling frazzled as well as overwhelmed, the time has come to take action and bring your nervous system back into balance.
Let us first start of with the cognitive as well as emotional symptoms of stress-
- Feeling irritable
- Feeling frustrated if you are asked to wait for somebody for a prolonged period of time
- Feeling restless
- Finding it hard to concentrate on a particular thing
- Getting confused easily
- Experiencing problems of memory loss
- Deep sunk in negative thoughts
- Negative self-talk
- Experiencing mood swings every now and then
- Over eating
- Eating even if you are not in a mood to eat
- Not having sufficient energy to get things done
- Getting negative feelings that you cannot cope up with a problem
- Finding it difficult when it comes to making decisions
- Experiencing emotional outbursts every now and then feeling upset without any reason
- You don’t share the sense of humor that you used to do at one point of life
Let us now take into consideration the physical symptoms of stress:
- Muscle tension
- Pain in lower back area
- Pains in neck or shoulders
- Chest pain
- Stomach or abdominal pain
- Nervous tics or Muscle spasms
- Unexplained rashes
- Unexplained skin irritations
- Racing or pounding heart
- Sweaty palms
- Sweating even if you are not physically active
- Getting butterflies in stomacIndigestion as well as the gurgles
- Unable to sleep
- excessive sleep
- Holding breath
Type of Stress
Stress is an inevitable part of life and no matter how much you run away from it, it chases you without retreat. Stress is the main cause of many diseases and illnesses in humans. Combating stress has become the need of the day to help you cope with stress and not allow it to overtake your life. It is important to know more about the types of stress that affect you and your loved ones so that you are aware of the right steps to take when it affects you.
There are four different types of stress and they are classified into:
- Hyperstress and
The above four types of stress have been discussed and are described below:
Eustress: Contrary to the popular belief that stress has negative effects for our body this type of stress is not negative but very positive for the human body. This type of stress gives the human body the energy that is required for the body to perform better. Known as the motivating stress this healthy stress is required for every human being to perform better in both the personal and the professional field. A common example of eustress is the feeling of nervousness that makes you get the energy required to perform better in any field.
Distress: This type of stress is the negative stress that makes you sick or ill. Distress can be caused because of any reason and in cases of acute distress it becomes harmful to you. Severe distress is also popularly known as chronic stress and a victim of this type of stress requires stress management techniques and consultation to help him/her cope with it.
Hyperstress: Hyperstress is that kind of stress that pushes a person to the ultimate stress limits that he/she can endure. This may happen in the workplace or during pregnancy. This type of stress affects the person and it can also result in regular mood swings, burnout and crying frequently.
Hypostress: This type of stress is not popularly known and many people are not aware of it. This stress commonly surfaces when a person is bored or is de-motivated. The common symptoms of the above stress are depression and the loss of creativity.
Thus, from the above it is evident that these types of stress, with the exception of eustress, can be fatal for a person if not indentified and addressed with the right stress management technique on time. It is wise to act fast so that stress does not overtake your life and make you unhappy.
Managing the stress
When you are sad or fearful, it is quite likely on your part to feel stressed out or depressed. Meditation is the answer to help you cope up with this problem. Disappointments and fears are temporary and with meditation you can bid goodbye to them. Different people benefit from different types of meditation and relaxation techniques. The type of meditation that you go in for should be consistent with your religious beliefs as well as with your disposition. If you go in for a type of meditation where you will have to repeat a prayer then make sure that the same gets along well with your beliefs. There are some kinds of meditation that seem compatible with all beliefs such as meditation with music.
There are many people who hold the opinion is that meditation is the only key that helps in coping up with stress. What they forget is that meditation works wonders when combined with a healthy and active body. You can feel depressed and stressed and may suffer from insomnia due to drug dependency or may be because of withdrawal from drugs. Excessive caffeine can also lead to stress.
Hence, if you are serious about stress reduction then make sure that you don’t abuse drugs. Eat the right group of foods and try getting adequate nutrition. Try stretching your limbs as it helps in relieving tension and keeps your body responsive and supple. It also helps you sit quietly while feeling comfortable and alive. Meditation is extremely helpful. Meditation therapy helps you gain insight into patterns that don’t work followed by brining in the necessary changes that will help you improve these patterns. You can speed up your thought process by working on the meditation process.
In addition to meditation, you can also go in for yoga or aerobic exercise such as ice skating, walking, swimming, bicycling, etc. However, don’t overexert yourself in the process. If you feel that your body fails to take up the strain after a certain time span, stop that very moment. You need to also have the right group of foods so as to make you feel good.
If you find that meditation doesn’t works out in your case, then don’t hesitate when it comes to taking psychiatric help. Believe it or not, but then, the truth is that psychiatric counseling do help in coping up with stress. So friends, give up your cause of worry and opt for the right technique so as to lead a peaceful life ahead.
Secrets of Stress Management
At times you may feel that there is absolutely nothing that will help you cope up with your stress. But do you know something- with a bit of control on your part you can take your first step towards stress management.
Stress management is all about taking charge of your thoughts, your schedule, your emotions, your environment as well as the way in which you cope up with your problems. Your ultimate goal should be to lead a balanced life with time for relationships, work, fund and relaxation. In the like manner, you should be also able to work under pressure and meet challenges.
You cannot avoid all sorts of stress or rather it would be unwise on your part to avoid situations which you think should be addressed. Check out a couple of ideas that will help you with stress management-
Make sure that you are aware of your limits and try adhering to them. Be it your professional or personal life; ensure that you know how to say no to added responsibilities. You are unconsciously giving way to stress by taking up added responsibilities.
If you find somebody creating unnecessary stress in your life then you need to cut short your meetings with him or her.
Evaluate your responsibilities, schedule, as well as regular tasks. If you think that you have enough than you can actually handle, try differentiating between the musts and shoulds. Don’t go in for the jobs that aren’t that important. In other words, prioritize your need and work accordingly.
If someone or something is bothering you, ensure communicating your concerns in a respectful and open way. If you fail to voice your feeling, resentment will build and it is quite possible that the situation will stay the same.
If you think that your friend should change the attitude that he has you need to also follow similar sort of an approach.
Avoid taking a backseat in your life. Instead know how to cope up with the present situation and move ahead in life.
If you lack time management skills then this can make you all the more stressed. Hence, make sure to plan well in advance and don’t overextend your own self.
The best thing that you can do on your part is to consider the stressful situations from a positive perspective.
Whenever you feel de-motivated try recalling the situation where you have been appreciated for your work. This will make you feel better.
- If you feel that everything in your life is soon to come to an end and are finding it hard to cope up with the same then make sure to work on the stress relief ideas included in this article
- Take a deep and relaxing bath. Team it up with candles, music and a glass of your favorite drink. Close the door and think about nothing but your own self. This helps in improving your levels of calmness.
- Try getting into your favorite nibbles such as tortillas, chips, crackers, salsa, pizza, cheese, cookies, chocolate, ice cream etc. why not crack open a bottle of wine and pour a beer or two followed by spending a full evening watching your favorite funny movies or comedians. Finding ways to relieve your stress via laughter will boost your spirits and help you cope up with the pressure of modern life.
- If you are in hunt of instant stress relief then make sure to get out of the firing line. Try going out for a vacation and just relax! When you are into a stressed solution and want to come into terms with a major event or situation in life, it becomes pretty difficult on your part to find possible solutions so as to cope up with problem. Hence, the best option at this hour would be to maintain a safe distance from these problems.
- You can also come out of your stressful condition by pampering your own self with a massage. You can also share a massage with your partner followed by creating a relaxing ambience by softening the lights and have towels and oils to hand. Lavender oil is pretty relaxing. You can also walk up to a professional masseuse or masseur so as treat yourself with a massage. Massage is extremely relaxing and enhances intimacy between lovers.
- Try spending a week without watching a television. It is because television can fill your mind with negative thoughts and can bombard you with image manipulation through commercials. Starting from disaster, famines to war and violence anything and everything can lead you to stress. Hence, instead of assaulting your senses what you can do is distant yourself from the causes that lead to stressful events or conditions.
The bottom line is that- listen to music, go for a walk, socialize, work out or more commonly work on every possible idea that will help you cope up with stress.
Tips to Enhance The Quality Of Your Life
There are many stress management tips and techniques that are available for you when you are facing stress. Stress is like a parasite that drains the human body from energy and health. If not addressed on time it can also lead to severe health issues and problems. With the aid of the following stress management tips you will be able to handle and cope with stress in daily life:
Exercise Regularly To Combat Stress: Exercise is undoubtedly one of the most popular and effective stress management tips that are available for you. With the right amount of exercise you can easily unwind and also improve your health too. Regular exercise helps you to ease your muscles and relax. You will also be able to get proper sleep and improve blood circulation too. Exercise also releases the feel-good chemicals called”endorphins” into your blood and this in turn gives you the feeling of happiness and peace.
Write All Your Thoughts In a Stress Diary: When you are facing stress it is wise to write all your thoughts in a stress diary. This will help you to vent out your feelings and at the same time relieve you from your stress. Maintaining a stress diary is one of the most effective and easiest stress management tips that you can use or recommend to others. This tip has proven to be very efficient and it has helped many people to combat their stress effectively.
Relaxation and Meditating Regularly: With the help of natural relation and meditation tools you will be able to get access to better stress management for all your worries. Both meditation and natural relation are effective stress management techniques that help you eradicate stress levels from your life. It is to be kept in mind that stress not only affects the mind but it also affects the human body adversely too. With the help of the above stress management tools you will be able to not only have a healthy mind and body but you will also be successful to eradicate stress too.
Effective Time Management: One of the most successful stress management tips is effective time management. With the aid of this you are able to set out your priorities accordingly and get your life on track. Effective time management skills are very essential if you want to be happy and remove stress from your life.