Home Remedies for Toothache – Toothache is pain in the surrounding the teeth are usually caused by problems in the teeth and jaws, such as dental caries, gingivitis or disease of the jaw, and much more. You should know that toothache is also a symptom of heart disease, such as angina. Toothache can also lead to heart disease and stroke, so we should not underestimate this disease.
Toothache be one of the mouth and jaw disorders are very common, especially for those who rarely clean the teeth and mouth. The food we eat mainly fast decaying must be cleaned.
The cause of toothache
Less clean pattern of life makes us susceptible to dental pain, for example, we consume the chocolate and let the rest of the chocolate in our mouths, then, the chocolate will quickly decompose causing bacteria to grow rapidly. These bacteria will damage our teeth slowly, and gradually make our teeth cavities.
Toothache can also be caused by several things, for example, because of cavities, missing teeth cracked or eroded, mostly consume food that is sweet, or it could be by the infected gums. Then how do I fix this? Here are 23 home remedies for toothache that you can do
Home Remedies for Toothache
- Salt Water: First home remedies for toothache is by using salt. Mix a heaping tablespoon full of salt in a small glass of warm water; swirl around inside your mouth for as long as you can, spit out. Repeat as needed.
- Hydrogen Peroxide: Swoosh a bit of hydrogen peroxide. If the taste is too horrid for you, try diluting with a bit of water.
- Tamarind Seed: Roasted tamarind seeds, then mashed smooth as possible. Subsequently apply on your teeth that hurt.
- Vanilla Extract: Saturate a cotton ball with vanilla and hold in place. Can also use a cotton swab dipped in extract.
- Tea Tree Oil: Just a drop or two will do the trick. You can also add some to a cotton swab and hold in place or add a few drops of tea tree oil to a small glass of lukewarm to warm water and rinse your mouth with it.
- Oil Of Oregano: Mix a few drops with a bit of olive oil, then saturate a cotton ball with mixture. Can replace the olive oil with lukewarm water if preferred.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar (ACV) and hold it in place. Can also try regular household vinegar.
- Ginger Root: Take a fresh piece of ginger and chew it a bit.
- Garlic: Take a clove of garlic, smash it and apply (settle it inside cheek). You can also mash some garlic with salt.
- Peppermint Leaves: Chew on fresh peppermint leaves. You can also dried leaves, just hold them in place.
- Potato: Cut a fresh piece of potato (raw, skin off) and hold in place. Can also pound a piece of raw potato, mix in a bit of salt and use the mash.
- Lime: Cut a slice or wedge of lime and apply, bite into it if you can to release some of the juice.
- Onion: Slice a piece of fresh onion and hold it inside your mouth. The onion needs to be freshly cut (so it provides a bit of onion juice).
- Plantain: Chew up a fresh plantain leaf. If you’re too sore to chew, use the other side of your mouth. Once the leaf is macerated a bit apply it to the problem area and hold in place.
- Cucumber: Slice a fresh piece of cucumber and hold it over the sore area. If refrigerated, you might want to bring the cucumber to room temperature before using (if sensitive to cold) otherwise a cool piece can be can also mash a piece with a bit of salt and pack it around the sore tooth.
- Cayenne Pepper: Make a paste with cayenne pepper and water.
- Black Pepper: You can use this full strength or make a mix of pepper and salt.
- Baking Soda: Take a cotton swab and moisten it with a bit of water, dip it in baking soda (coat the swab really well with baking soda) then apply. You can also make a mouth rinse by mixing a heaping spoonful of baking soda in a small glass of lukewarm to warm water, dissolve the soda then swish the mixture in your mouth.
- Cloves: This is remedy from the old timers (my great grandparents), rest a clove against the sore area until pain goes away. You can also use a drop or two of clove oil (BE CAREFUL: too much can be toxic) or make a thick paste of ground cloves and water or ground cloves and olive oil.
- Tea: Make a fresh cup of tea then take the used tea bag (still warm) and stick it in your mouth. Careful not to tear the bag. The tannins that are naturally in tea leaves can help numb things.
- Ice Pack: Cover an ice pack with a face cloth or towel then hold over your cheek where the problem is. This will help numb things. Make sure that you have some type of cloth between your skin and the ice, otherwise you can severely damage your that doesn’t work, try the opposite–a hot compress (making sure that it is not so hot as to scald your skin).
- Salt and Cotton: Take salt to taste, then wrapped with cotton. Furthermore, bite the salt that has been wrapped by the cotton. Even this way are aiming to kill the bacteria around the teeth. This method is also effective to cope with toothache caused by cavities
- Compress with hot water : The next way is to compress the teeth with hot water, because it is also a powerful way to relieve toothache.
That’s 23 home remedies for toothache from us, may be useful for you, especially to eliminate tooth pain that you suffer. See also: 8 Turmeric Side Effects for Our Health